if you plan on moving this spring/summer, NOW is when you need to start prepping for the big change!
If you need to sell your home this upcoming spring, here's what you need to be doing in February in order to put that For Sale Sign in the yard in March or April!
1. MEET WITH ME:I can prepare a market analysis to see what your home would be worth in the current market. When I come by and tour your property, I can point out the little things you can do to make your home appeal to the most buyers, or give your house more value! You'll have a month to get it all done too!
2. DECLUTTER:You know you'll be moving soon, you might as well start tossing the things you don't plan on taking with you. This will also help make the property more attractive to buyers: the more they see themselves in the home, and not your stuff, the better!
3. PACKING PREP!Get those cardboard boxes and duct tape out; time to pack up what you don't need on a day-to-day basis. By getting those things boxed up, you'll create less stress for yourself! Especially if an offer comes within the first couple of months of the house going on the market.
Are you the buyer hoping to move in May/June? I've got some homework for you to do in February too!
1. FILE YOUR TAXES NOW:Do not wait until April 15, as mortgage lenders will want to have that tax return handy. ALSO, don't you want that tax refund back to use as a down payment? Waiting too long may mean a delay in getting your refund, so get them done!
2. CHECK YOUR CREDIT:If you're not sure how your credit is fairing, you should! That's how (in part) mortgage lenders decide what interest rate they can offer, or if they'll give you a loan at all. PLUS, if it's a little on the low side, you can work with a credit repair specialist to help you boost your score in the next two months before you go to place an offer.
3. SET A BUDGET:There's nothing worse for a buyer than realizing they've been looking at homes that are WAY out of their budget. I can help you with this! As a Certified Financing Specialist (C.F.S) with the Academy of Real Estate Express, I can help you determine what a comfortable home price would be based on your monthly mortgage payment budget and how much money you will need to put in a down payment. Just because you get pre-qualified for a certain amount doesn't mean you should buy a home at that price!
4. $AVE:There are lots of unexpected expenses with home-buying, including: earnest money, inspections, appraisals, and closing costs. These can add up into the thousands! Make sure to save up as much as you can. You wouldn't want a mere $1,000 keeping you from your dream home!
Hope these tips will get you on track to buying/selling this spring and summer! Remember, you can always count on me to help you with all your real estate needs: I'm just a call, text, or click away! ;)
Author:Michael Bray Phone: 915-549-1770 Dated: March 7th 2016 Views: 2,655 About Michael: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.